Friday, February 24, 2023

SSD

 Finally Friday… the sun is shining, the birds are singing, the trees are dancing, the beach is calling, and no more lockdowns in school. Today is senior skip day which means no more getting trapped in a freezing room for six hours, just me and the beach… after this blog post of course. Today is the day I finally figure out what colors I am using for my two trailers.

I would want them to reflect a different feeling on the audience, one being a feeling of nostalgia and the other being a more reflective, low time in someone's life. I want these two trailers to be severely different in color grades but have similar emotions produced. 

My first trailer, which is the one with Madison and Tina, will be the one that is nostalgic. This will contain lots of bright colors such as orange, yellow, white, pink, etc.  This will show that this side of the story progresses positively and will have a happy ending. I want to use a lot of daytime colors, and make it feel like the whole trailer is giving off a "childhood summer". What do I mean by childhood summer you may be wondering. Well, remember when you were a kid and you and your friends went to the beach all day every day without a care in the world? Yeah, colors that make you feel like that. 


<< This to be more specific





Of course, the lighting will play a big role in this, but we'll cross the bridge when we get to it. But for now, that's all I've got for you today. The beach is screaming my name.

I'll discuss the color palette of the next film with you another time. Until then <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project components

 As the year comes to a close, so does this project that I've put blood, sweat, and tears into (like literal tears.) Each component will...