Thursday, February 16, 2023

The Day of Reckoning (research)

 The day we all knew was coming is finally here, the start of my research. Today I've started by just searching "AICE media studies final project" on youtube and watched... more than I am proud to admit. A lot of the ones I've watched were really good and showed me what to and not to do. One of the ones that I watched and stood out amongst the rest was called "The Places We Used to Go" by Camson Alevy. These audio elements were well expressed throughout the short film and worked very very well, especially with the incorporation of the phone call and the news report. The cinematography was very well done as well with the use of jumpcuts and just the way some shots were framed. I won't nerd out about the specifics but it has some elements I'm definitely incorporating into my project this year. 



I also took to the internet to research the target audience of the coming-of-age genre. By taking to the internet, I mean going on google and typing it in the search bar and reading what pops up first.




Once I clicked on the link and discovered more about the genre I decided to watch some trailers and movies in the genre. I re-watched mid 90's which was one that I researched last year and really liked but didn't really use for my film opening.  The film revolves around a child trying to fit into this skate culture and this group of friends that took him in. As the film goes on it shows the struggle this kid goes through at home and for himself which is definitely something I'd capitalize on in my ideas.

Thats all I've got for now, my next post is going to be purely figuring out the plot of my trailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project components

 As the year comes to a close, so does this project that I've put blood, sweat, and tears into (like literal tears.) Each component will...