Wednesday, February 15, 2023

The Journey Begins…

Today I am starting to figure out what my plot and the whole story is going to be. I started doing this by opening up YouTube and started to watch a lot of trailers to try and get an idea of what genre I am following. This journey of drowning myself in trailers has resulted in me choosing to go for a comedy/coming of age film for the genre. Very generic, I’m aware, but it’s something I’d like to see and watch over and over again. This clicked for me after watching a lot of A24 trailers, especially the trailer ‘When You Finish Saving The World’. Oh man did I LOVE this trailer, It feels relatable and makes me want to watch it, I also loved the kinds of music.


I want my trailer to be comedic but also with serious tones and tough subjects, since that is how I am as a person, making light out of serious and darker situations. I have a very big vision in my head which I would need to narrow down for it to work. My story would be focused on two different characters that go through personal issues that are a bit controversial in film, the two trailers will focus on each of the respective characters of the film in two different color grades. The posters will have both characters with their color grades clashing, kind of like the borne identity poster. 


That’s all I have for now,  my next post will be research and diving right into finding a plot. See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project components

 As the year comes to a close, so does this project that I've put blood, sweat, and tears into (like literal tears.) Each component will...