Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Group Meeting/Reflection

 

My AMAZING group

(3/14/22) Today I got some outside input from these very smart, and talented people. For my project they liked the idea but the title was the issue. Sebastian gave me a really good name which shows the plot, and reason, of the story way better. His recommendation was to name it "Too Much of a Good Thing."

(3/16/22) After this meeting I had a lot of time to reflect on my idea and the way I'm going to be shooting the production. I was thinking for the majority of the start it would be a lot of tight, sharp shots with a lot of loud sounds (which would be diegetic) to make the audience feel anxious and uncomfortable (which is what the character would feel without music). I thought that diegetic sounds would be the best to really throw the audience into the film and make them feel like they're really there. I want them to feel like they are the main character and are part of the journey. I want to start off the film with a bunch of sounds with the black screen and the production credits, then cut to the room with focus on the stool with the guitar. That's what the first, like 10 seconds would be to start off the film. The filming isn't going to take long, it's the time my cameras is going to come in. I bought a DSLR camera and am still waiting for it to come in so I can film. If it doesn't get here by this weekend though I'll just film with my phone. I didn't buy the DSLR jut for this class though, because that would be a bad financial decision, I also bought it to vlog my senior year to be able to look back on it in like 5 years. I think the biggest issue I have right now might be just getting the sounds for the film. But that's all my thoughts for right now. So again, I changed my title to something objectively better, I am thinking about sounds and editing, and I need my camera to come in for me to film because I don't want to use my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project components

 As the year comes to a close, so does this project that I've put blood, sweat, and tears into (like literal tears.) Each component will...