Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Research day 1 :)

 Research research research, this is all I could think about during this long weekend. I researched my genre, movie inspiration, and effective film openings. I really wanted to start off by completely understanding the genre, and did this by reading articles and watching video essays on the topic (found here and here). I really enjoyed this since I wanted to get inspiration from great coming-of-age films. First of which was Mid 90's. This film really showed what I wanted to do, and did it very well. The movie had really good diversity and character growth. It also followed a friend group doing what they love together, which is what I want to do. At the end of the film, they all watch a montage of moments they all experienced together, giving the audience a sense of nostalgia. After watching this film, I am stuck between two different ideas. The reason why I'm stuck in that one, is they would both look great, and two, I know one of them is going to be more fun to film, but the other one I believe would look more visually appealing. I have a list of reference films that I'm going to try to watch by the end of the week to help me narrow down my choice. The final thing I did this week was thinking about music. I texted them asking if they would like to compose some music for my portfolio project, and while waiting for my response I started researching some bands that would go good with what I have in mind. Since I have this class tomorrow I can work on the research process more, and maybe get started on further developing the plot of my story. Until next time!! (which is most likely tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project components

 As the year comes to a close, so does this project that I've put blood, sweat, and tears into (like literal tears.) Each component will...